For Immediate Release
LBS AWARDED THE IDEA 2021: COMMUNITY CSR AWARD
Petaling Jaya, 27 May 2021 – Goodness is the only investment that never fails. This quote has been proven to be true for LBS Bina Group Berhad (LBS) which has been awarded Community CSR Award in iProperty Development Excellence Awards (iDEA) 2021.
The year 2020 came as a worldwide surprise in which the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in critical disruptions in health and global economy. Movement Control Orders restrictions have brought many businesses and bread winners of the families to their knees, resulting in increasing numbers of job losses and unemployment.
At LBS, we did what we felt was right and played our role by contributing to those in need to keep them safe, sanitized and ease in their transition from the pandemic. The efforts accomplished are as follows:
1. Contributed RM1 million to the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) COVID -19 Fund.
2. Donated a total of RM80,000 to the state of Selangor, Pahang and Perak COVID-19 Fund
3. Donated supplies and equipment to healthcare workers and frontliners at several locations in the state.
4. Donated two portable air conditioners to be used in a transitory tent at Banting Hospital where COVID-19 screenings are conducted.
5. Donated 38 units of industrial standing fans to the Klang district health office to be used by all clinics and hospitals in Klang as well as four units to the state police headquarters.
6. Hospital Sungai Buloh received 600 sets of gloves and a high-top tent, while 2,000 sets of gloves and 1,000 bottles of mineral water were donated to the quarantine centre at the Judicial and Legal Training Institute in Bangi.
LBS Bina Group Berhad Executive Chairman, Tan Sri Lim Hock San said, “Corporate social responsibility is of utmost importance to us, and should be the same for other leaders of the industries. We ought to lead by example, only then others will follow. Key values such as gratitude, respecting elders, and the right to education are deeply rooted within the Group. These values are the driving force behind our CSR core pillars.”
He adds on by saying “Receiving this award has given us a sense of achievement that is quite frankly, hard to be described with words. Honoured, would be an understatement to say the least, as it signifies that our efforts have been recognized. We won’t stop here though; this award will serve as continuous motivation for the team at LBS to strive harder to give back to the society during these tough times.”
Going beyond the boundaries of property development, community outreach is an aspect in which LBS takes much pride in. Spearheaded by its very own LBS Foundation, the Group carries out various community enriching initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life for communities at large. The activities revolve around four fundamental pillars, namely education, community, environment, and health. At the time of writing, LBS’s CSR activities are education and community-centric, making up about 85% of the total CSR.
iProperty Development Excellence Awards (iDEA) 2021 virtual ceremony was hosted at iProperty.com.my’s Facebook page on 25 May 2021. For more information on LBS latest project, log on to www.lbs.com.my or call 1700 81 8998.